Operator Licensing Online FAQs
To use the Self Service system it is recommended that you use one of the following browsers to ensure the best experience possible:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (version 5.5 to 7)
To register for Self Service, click here and follow the on-screen instructions.
No. To access the site you will need a password in addition to the username and memorable word that you created when you registered. The password will be sent by post to the correspondence address recorded on the licence that you registered. You should receive your password within a week of registering.
The licence number consists of two letters such as OF, OB, OC, PH etc followed by seven numbers. If your licence number has 6 or less numbers insert zeros between the second letter and the number to make the number part seven digits long. For example OF8419 becomes OF0008419. If you are still having problems then please Contact Operator Self Service.
No, providing you tell us about all those licences you will be able to access and amend all of them using a single log in. We can only link licences together on the same login if they are for exactly the same name and company registration number (in the case of Limited companies).
Tell us from the option on the Licence Summary screen when you have logged in to self service. We will investigate the missing licence and include it if it is a licence issued in the same company name as the one on your existing login. This may take a while to process.
The only way to do this is to remove the vehicle from the licence and then immediately add it again and this will result in a disc being issued. Providing you carry out both transactions immediately there will be no effective break in the vehicle being on your licence. The alternative is to send your request to the Traffic Area Office by fax or post.
All you have to do is to remove the vehicle with the incorrect details and add the vehicle to the licence again with the correct ones.
Yes. Select the "List Vehicles" option from the left hand menu; select the licence and then click on the "Print Vehicle List" button.
If they have not been lost or destroyed, Traffic Commissioners have said that discs must be returned. If they have been lost or destroyed then just tick the appropriate box before you remove the vehicle, which will indicate that the disc is not being returned.
- View a licence summary of the basic operator licence records we hold for you to check your records are up to date
- Change your correspondence address records and trading name
- Add/remove directors (Limited companies only)
- Add/Remove Partners (Partnership licences only)
- Add/Remove Transport Manager (Standard National (SN) or Standard International (SI) licences only)
- Add/Remove Operating Centre(s) and/or increase/decrease authority
- Search registered bus services by clicking on the "Bus registration Search" option (PSV operator licences only)
- Print the Advert Template for Operating Centres (Goods operator licences only)
- View and check your Correspondence Inbox. If you stated you wanted to receive correspondence from VOSA when you registered for self-service, you will now be sent documents electronically in most cases instead of through the post. You will be notified by e-mail to check your correspondence when something has been placed there
- Pay licence fees On-Line using the "Payment of licence fees On-Line" option. Payment can be made using: Visa debit/credit card, Mastercard or Maestro/Switch when your operator licence fees are due
- Submit Electronic Bus Service Registrations (PSV licences with registered bus services only)
If you are using a VISA debit card, then please select the card type as "VISA Debit/Delta", and then this should go through O.K. If you are still having problems you can pay over the phone by calling 0300 123 9000 (office hours).
The Administrator for the licence can add and delete users via the “Operator Users” menu option on the left of the screen.
You can use the following links if you have forgotten your log in details:
- Forgotten your user id?
- Forgotten your password?
- Forgotten your memorable word?
Alternatively, please Contact Operator Self Service telling us which of the log in details you have forgotten and give your name and licence details
Yes. If you wish to provide feedback or have any questions relating specifically to self-service you can email us at email@example.com
We are seeking to improve and enhance the amount of services we offer via self service and if you have any further suggestions then we will put them to our I.T. development partners for consideration.
You can call our National Number on 0300 123 9000 for help and advice concerning operator licensing matters.